About me

My photo
Vanløse, Copenhagen, Denmark
Mathematician. Working programmer/system developer. Nerd. Married. Father of 3.

7.8.12

Mitchell Funky Jet Bootleg Repair Log

Well, some repairs are very easy, and this one happens to be one of them...in fact the hardest part of this rep, actually was to get the photos right for this log.
Well I was given this board, along with some other defective ones, as payment for burning some EPROMs for this dude I know from spille-maskiner.dk. When first hooked up, the game seemed to play fine and the sound was fine too. But at the intro (where the two main characters of the game fly past each other) and at the stage select screen the graphics was messed up.




During visual inspection of the board, tahn infacts looks to be in pretty good overall condition, I noticed an IC with two caps soldered over the top of it. One of them had one pin broken loose from the IC.


(here I have yanked it a bit to make a point };-P)
I pressed it against the IC pin with my finger, and




Fired up that old soldering iron...a few drops of solder...


...and VIOLA...board fixed };-P

2 comments:

  1. Hehe, nice easy job mate, but its nice to get one like this now and then :)Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's back!
    Good job my friend

    ReplyDelete